15 WhatsApp Tricks You Should Know
We are all interested to know about WhatsApp tricks and tips. We focused on this in the article.
It was born more than ten years ago, although it was not until 2010 that it began to resemble the application we know today. Since then, it has undergone several reconversions with each update, adding more and more features, some of which are not as visible or as well known. Therefore, below, we collect 15 WhatsApp tricks that will probably make your life easier.
Never Double Check Blue
- We are talking about the two blue angles that have plagued users of the messaging platform since 2014. Causes of arguments, misunderstandings and the occasional divorce, there is a way to end them. Silver bullets or stakes are not necessary, WhatsApp itself allows it, although the sneak is activated by default.
- All you have to do is go to Settings (on Android it is accessed by pressing the three dots that appear in the upper right corner), select Account and press Privacy. Once inside this section, deactivating the Read confirmation box will be enough to end this ‘bad’.
- Although, it is not all good news. In the groups they will appear, but in gray, also this deactivation does not affect the audios. People who send a WhatsApp audio to a user with this function disabled, will know that they heard it, both by the double check and by the point that marks the beginning of the audio, which will go from gray to ‘telltale’ blue.
- In an increasingly paperless world, things like keeping your grocery list by hand have been digitized. Yes, there are a thousand applications to create lists and notes, but there is nothing more comfortable than taking all those little notes of daily life in the application that, with total security, we use more times during the day.
- We can use the chat of a person who blocked us as a notepad. Ex-boyfriend: -Buy lactose-free milk, jam, toilet paper. Buy a gift for granny’s birthday. Don’t let anyone tell you that you don’t know how to profit from a breakup, that is.
- If no one has ever blocked us (or you are an amazing person or a manual sociopath), we have a more ethical option, our own chat. How? Yes, a chat with our own number, something like the conversations between Gollum and Smeagol from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ but without unique rings in between.
- Enjoying this function is as easy as adding your phone number as a contact, creating a new chat and searching for you on the WhatsApp list, a treasure trove of information.
- Despite being one of the simplest tricks, it is also one of the most unknown. How many times have you observed people approaching the speaker at the bottom of the mobile to their ear to listen to an audio.
- If we want to prevent half the city from listening to our conversations, it is enough to bring the mobile phone to the ear. As you hear it.
- As soon as the proximity sensor detects the proximity of the phone to the face, the audio begins to play automatically in the speaker of the calls, so only you will hear it.
Also Read : What Should You Know About Cybersecurity?
- Emoticons were born to express complex feelings in a summarized way. Thanks to the imagination, which is one of the most important abilities of Homo sapiens, linked to creativity, the use of these characters has become a form of communication worldwide spread that, in addition, does not understand languages (they could already have occurred during the construction of the Tower of Babel).
- During the first years of the application, the emoticons were the same size as the plain text, something that fortunately has changed with the latest updates, allowing us to appreciate the details of the poop with eyes, the moon with the Mona Lisa smile or the three monkeys Toshogu Shrine (covering eyes, mouth and ears).
- To see them with the maximum size they have to be sent one at a time, if we send two at a time they will look somewhat smaller, so on until sending four or more in a row, then they will have text size.
- This paradigm brings us to the second type of people. Those that do not forgive a comma or a tilde (even the only one), that separate the information into paragraphs and do not send every three words.
- Those writers who would deserve the chair of the W (of WhatsApp) in the Royal Spanish Academy, who should be owners of an editorial group or the next Cervantes. For the latter, the application offers the possibility of making bold, italic, strikethrough and even monospaced.
The Art Of Answering With GIFS
- Along with memes, interacting based on gifs (small animated clips, without sound and played in a loop) has become a new form of communication that is indispensable for new generations. Like many other functions, it first appeared on Telegram and later was added to WhatsApp. To start using it there are several ways.
- First, sharing the gifs from the Gallery, which requires having previously downloaded it. You can also do a DIY (‘Do it yourself’, do it yourself in English) and make one from a video. At the time of sending it, in the application itself it will leave the option of ‘Gif’ as long as it is selected, by dragging a four-second fragment in the WhatsApp editor.
- Another option would be through the Google keyboard, which has an integrated gifs search engine, or by pressing the happy face emoji, with which the emoticons, gifs and stickers menus will be displayed (to send stickers).
Hidden Profile Photo
- One of the first steps after registering in the application is choosing a profile photo, the status and the name that will be shown to those who do not have our number on the agenda. If we use WhatsApp in a professional way, that is, for work, a profile photo of canes or a state that is a joke about the Móstoles empanadillas or a “digamelon” is not very serious.
- This will no longer be a headache since it is also another of the application’s customizations, which allows, through the Settings-Account-Privacy menu, to choose who sees this information, for everyone, for our contacts or hidden.
Use Of Favorites
- Another of the less known, but more useful, functions of the application is the possibility of marking photos, videos, messages or any element that appears in a chat as a favorite. In this way, conversations can be somewhat more organized, being able to separate the important elements from the more banal messages such as “I’m buying bread” or “it’s raining in my neighborhood.”
- To highlight an element of the conversation, it is only necessary to click on it, then several icons will appear at the top: an arrow to the left that serves to cite the text that is answered in the conversation, a star to mark as favorite, a garbage can that is effectively to delete the message, three connected nodes to share outside the application and an arrow to the right that is used to forward to another WhatsApp contact.
- As in some social networks such as Instagram, if we are using the integrated camera function within WhatsApp, to change from the front camera to the rear camera or vice versa, simply press twice on the screen quickly.
- There is a button for this function in the lower right corner, but if we use the mobile with one hand, this shortcut ends up being useful and indispensable.