- It is not a novelty in the language, since it has been used for a long time, but it is not bad to remember that with “fetch” we have a modern interface for accessing resources on the server side without having to reload the page. Now it is very easy to use Ajax thanks to fetch and make requests at a high level and compatible with all modern browsers.
- For the management of asynchronous programming, the most basic thing is to use promises, which allow us to specify the code to execute when the asynchronous behaviors have just been processed, both in the case of failures and successes.
Async / Await :
- It is a more recent model for programming asynchronous behaviors that allows us to write the code with a flow similar to how non-asynchronous code is written, sequentially.
- Those who use it are not capable of living without it. The spread operator is used to expand expressions of iterables, arrays, strings and even objects, so that they can be assigned as parameters in functions or as values in new data structures.
Nullish Coalescing (??) :
- This operator allows you to assign values conditionally offering a specific treatment for null or undefined values.
Optional Chaining (?.) :
- This operator is used to access deep values of the objects without having to check if those properties really exist in the objects and, of course, without producing errors.
Also Read : All You Need To Know About Workflow
- We cannot stop paying attention to the characteristics that browsers offer us, to squeeze the possibilities of the web platform. These are the stable APIs that you can use right now in all modern browsers and that are essential for today’s applications.
Web Components :
Service Workers :
- They are files resident in the browser, which can be executed in the background even if we do not have a certain page open.
- Thanks to the Service Workers we have things like push notifications or offline browsing. Sometimes writing a Service Worker can be complex, but fortunately there are ways to get the code you need without having to program it. The most common library to generate a Service Worker is Workbox.