7 Machine Learning Trends In 2021
The development of machine learning, security and governance or flexibility in machine learning are going to play an important role in the coming months.
Table of Contents
The Year Of Machine Learning.
- Companies will continue to grapple with an exponential increase in the amounts of data and the complexities in new technologies. Machine learning will be essential for companies if they want to make the most of these large volumes of information.
- In 2021, the ability of a company to trust its model, to the extent that it can produce actions based on information derived from artificial intelligence, will be decisive in its ability to survive.
Security Will Take Center Stage
- Businesses continue to put technology before strategy when it comes to the cloud. The public cloud still works with post-its and passwords without a clear answer on who is responsible for security. There is great enabling technology, but organizations have not thought about how to use it properly to their advantage.
- In 2021 data security and governance will take center stage. Currently, the user imagines the cloud as a profitable and efficient solution, but the governance model is still lacking. Next year, there will be a greater approach towards this government of the data.
We Will Learn To Predict The Unpredictable
- What happened in 2020 will force companies to completely rethink what they design and ask of their machine learning models.
- The ability of a model to obtain perfect predictions will be less important than the ability of a structure capable of automatic reflection. In turn, companies are increasingly looking for models that hone certain human attributes such as proactivity or instinctive agility.
Increased Concern About The Ethics Of Artificial Intelligence
- Ethical artificial intelligence is going to be critical for the next twelve and twenty-four months.
- Today, the conversations revolve around data anonymity, but the discourse will get deeper. In 2021, ethical artificial intelligence and data governance will be applied to different areas such as contact tracing (in the fight against COVID-19), connected vehicles and smart devices, as well as personal digital profiles. , regarding the increased cyber footprint leading to privacy questions.
The Moral Of The Data Will Be Decisive
- And closely linked to the above, is the concern about the use of the data. More and more people are aware of the power of data and the responsibility for its treatment by companies.
- In 2021 we will see more companies implement data ethics controls in software development. And it is that confirming that what you want to develop is moral is going to be at the same level of importance as guaranteeing profitability.
Emerging Geographies Will Lead 5G Adoption
- 5G has been around for a long time on smartphones , but most people don’t realize that their phone doesn’t actually perform at this capacity. This is because, while the smartphone can support 5G, it is useless without an adapted network. Telecommunications providers are beginning to update network technology to support it.
- In this 5G infrastructure installation there is the paradox that emerging geographies will be able to surpass conventional locations next year.
Evolving Power Grids For New Energy Sources
- Solar, wind and batteries are likely to become the largest sources of energy this decade. In 2021, we will begin to see a shift in the massive networks used today as society will shift towards using more community networks or microgrids and even individual systems for households. This trend will mean new volumes of data, closer to the consumer, which must be managed.